Frequently Asked Questions
An online marketplace is a place where people buy from people. It’s like a local market, but with one difference: you can buy and sell online without even leaving a room. More than that, here you can also find a job or order services from Nigerians that are close to you.
Basically, whatever you need is here. Just type it in search
No, as we are not a shop. Sellables is the marketplace — here you can sell your stuff, buy goods from real people, find a job or services you need. Any deal you make, you make with people. And we exist just to help you find each other
No, we don’t. But you can always discuss with the seller a comfortable way of delivering
Post your ads on Sellables effortlessly by following the steps below:
1. Sign in to your profile on Sellables;
2. Click on the button "Post Ad" or just click here;
3. Complete all the information. Choose a proper category, upload the photos of your item, and write a clear title with a detailed description of what you're selling. After that, enter a fair price and double-check the information you've entered;
4. If everything looks fine, click on the "Submit" button;
As soon as you're done with all these steps, your ad goes for a review. We check it to ensure that it's in line with our rules and that all the information is correct. Once your advert is live, you will receive a notification email. If there's something wrong, we'll specify all the edits you should make.
That's all you need to do! Welcome onboard Fam!
P.S. We also suggest you watch a short video guide for a better understanding
If you don’t want to receive emails at all, open one of them and click on "Unsubscribe" at the bottom of the page. Please note that in this case, you won’t receive even important emails like those we send for resetting of password, account confirmation, and so on.
To fully enjoy shopping on Sellables, follow our simple guide:
1. Search for the item
- Use a search panel with filters and find what you need. We have over a million adverts, so you can choose exactly what you are looking for.
2. Contact a seller
- You may chat on Sellables or call a seller via phone and set up a meeting face to face, discuss some details or negotiate about the price.
3. Take your item or order a delivery
- We check our sellers carefully, but it's always better to check twice, right? Meet with the seller in a public place and be sure to pay only after you get the item.
4. Leave your feedback about the seller
- Feel free to share your experience: write your feedback on the seller's page. Not sure how to do that? Check out the guide
- . Other buyers will thank you one day.
If you see something suspicious on Jiji, please let us know about it by following the steps below:
- Click on "Report abuse"
- Select the reason for your suspicion:
- Type in your comment with all the details that can help us understand the case better and click on the "Send" button.
Our Support Managers will consider your request shortly. If your report proves that we've faced a scam case, we will block such a seller immediately.
Thanks to your caution, the Sellables platform will be more secure for millions of users. Safety first!
Ads limit defines the number of available listings in a particular category.
You can check all the limits here. Choose the category that fits your product best and check the number of free listings available for it.
If you reach your limit of free ads and still need to post more, choose the membership Package that suits your needs and budget.
You can compare the number of free listings to the number of listings available for different packages here right after choosing the category you’re interested in.
If you feel unsure of the Package to choose.
We wish you huge sales! 💪🏽
To contact our Support Team, choose the most convenient channel for yourself: live chat or email.
Live chat is the fastest way to get a response from us. As soon as you send us a message there, one of the support team who is online will reply shortly. We recommend using it for urgent cases.
To start a chat, follow these simple steps:
- Go to your Profile page;
- Click on the chat in the menu on the user's account;
- Click on live chat at the footer section of the homepage
- Click on the chat icon on the homepage menu;
- Type in your question. Describe your issue as detailed as possible. It will save us the time we could spend asking clarifying questions and allow us to find a solution way faster.
If your case is not urgent, we recommend you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some tips on how to prepare an efficient email and get assistance faster based on the type of issue you've faced:
- Something is not working correctly on the platform. If you're using the desktop version, specify what operating system and browser you use. If the issue is about our app, let us know what operating system and app version you use. If possible, take screenshots that show what kind of issue appears;
- Issues with payments for Membership. Describe what kind of issue you've faced. Specify important details: what package you bought, what payment method you used, sum, date of the payment, depositor's name. It's best to attach a payment receipt copy or debit alert proof. This will help us a lot to assist you faster.
- Fraud case. If you've faced a scam or you have suspicions that one of the users may deceive people, please tell us about it in your email. Share a link to the profile of such a user, and describe all the details you have. If possible, attach screenshots of your conversations and other pictures or materials that can prove your words. The more information we have, the higher chances we can take all the necessary steps faster.
Why don't we provide phone support?
With all the screenshots and details we need to assist you, it's clear that we're able to do that in a more efficient manner through chat and email. These methods for support also help us keep detailed records of all your requests and be on the same page with you at all times.
At first, don't worry! If you've faced such a situation, we recommend:
- Wait a bit while your ad is under review. It's quite possible that our moderators are checking your advert and it will appear in search results within a few hours.
- Check your inbox. You will receive a notification when your advert goes live. If there is something you should edit, we'll specify that as well.
Important! If you make some changes to your advert, it will go for review again. It won't be shown in search results while we're checking it.
To check the statuses of all your ads or make edits to them, sign in to your Sellables account and click on "My ads".
We've prepared a few pieces of advice to help you sell like a pro:
1.Pay attention to details
Take relevant pictures of your goods, write a clear, detailed description and fill out all the fields in your profile. These will help your customers learn more about you and your product.
2.Make your advert as risk-free as possible
Remember that people are afraid of sending prepayments so we strongly recommend not to request them. Find a way to collaborate with delivery services that allow buyers to pay after they inspect the product and make sure it's what they want.
3.Stay in touch
Don't make potential buyers wait for your replies too long. Instead, be online or use Boost Packages to always get SMS notifications on new messages.
4.Pay attention to your rating
Feel free to ask your customers to leave feedback about their experience with you — the more positive reviews you have, the higher your chances of attracting more buyers.
5.Use Membership Services to get up to 500x more customers!
If you really need to sell something fast, Membership Services are your way out! Whatever your item is, you’ll get the most effective and unbelievable promotion for it! To learn more about the different Membership Services we offer, click here.
After you fill in all the fields and click on "Submit" your ad goes for review. Our moderators check it carefully to ensure that it's in line with our rules and that all the fields are filled out correctly.
You will get a notification email when your advert is active. If something is wrong, we'll notify you about that and specify everything you should edit.
As soon as your ad passes the review it goes live on the platform. Before that moment, Sellables users won't be able to see it in search results.
You can always manage your ads by signing in to your Sellables account and clicking on "My Adverts".
Even if your advert is live you can still edit it if needed. Please note that if you make some changes to your advert, it will go for review again. It won't be shown in search results while we're checking it.
You can also close or delete your advert any time you want. You just have to click on the "Close" button placed under the ad or click on the cross placed in the top right corner of the ad. Be sure to close your ads when your goods are sold. Buyers will appreciate that a lot.
Avoid publishing adverts with the same content. They will be considered duplicates and won’t go live on the platform.
- Add a precise title for each advert;
- Make sure you add a brief and clear description without any false information;
- Every advert should contain unique images taken by you without any contact information or watermarks;
- Make sure you choose an appropriate category. Be attentive to selecting categories for jobs and CVs. Employers should choose 'Jobs" category for posting vacancies, while job seekers should choose 'Seeking Work CVs". If you mention the wrong category, we may reject your ad;
- The prices of your items must correspond to the actual prices of similar products;
- Indicate correct contact details so that your potential customers can reach you easily. Try to respond to all the incoming calls or call back your customers once it's possible;
- All posted products and services must be located in Nigeria;
- All items and products must be legally permitted (you can check the list of prohibited items here);
- Publish all items for sale separately. There is a rule: “1 ad = 1 item”;
- Create different adverts. If the ads are identical, we consider them duplicates and may reject them.
If you really want to create a great ad, we highly recommend you following the tips below:
- Use a clear title which includes the name of the item you sell. Try to make your title appealing and eye-catching.
- Set an appropriate price for your item so that the advert is approved. If the price is not relevant, it may be declined. Make sure to carry out some investigation of the prices for a particular item.
- The description of your product must be informative enough and mustn’t contain any false information regarding your product or service.
- Upload only unique and high-quality photos of your items taken by yourself and not downloaded from the Internet. The better photos you add, the more attractive your ad looks to the potential buyers and the more calls you receive.
- Indicate correct contact details for the potential buyers/clients to be able to reach you easily. Try to respond all the incoming calls or to call back your customers once available.
- Try to fill out all the fields of your profile page, as well as those of your advert, to let your customers dispose of all the necessary information about you as a seller and the products you sell.
- The better rating you have on our website, the more chances you get to attract a lot of buyers. Remember that it is important to build trust in your business. Your rating depends on the number of positive/negative feedback received from your previous customers.
- Make your advert as risk-free as possible. Underline that no prepayments are required and be ready to list those delivery services which presuppose payment on the delivery of the product ordered.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of goods and services promotion of which is prohibited on Sellables in Nigeria:
- Narcotics, steroids, and any drugs or medications that require a prescription from a licensed medical specialist
- Restricted military/police items
- Human organs
- Illegal/pirated copies
- Stolen property
- Code grabbing and lock picking devices
- Electronic equipment prohibited by the law
- Sexually-oriented services
- Loans, money transactions, Bitcoin
- Multi-level marketing, pyramid, and matrix programs
- Network marketing and “Home Base Business” jobs
- Products (goods or services) prohibited to sell by the law, in particular:
- Food, processed food, water, soft drinks, spirit drinks, medical devices, drugs, drug products, cosmetics, chemicals, agrochemicals, pesticides, veterinary drugs, or other goods if they have not been registered with the National Agency for Food & Drug Administration and Control (the “NAFDAC”) or other relevant authority of Nigeria;
- Any goods, sale, distribution, or advertising of which is banned or restricted by the NAFDAC or any other relevant authority of Nigeria;
- Any goods, sale, distribution or advertising of which is prohibited by applicable legislation of Nigeria;
- Any goods that do not comply with standards and quality requirements imposed on such goods by applicable legislation of Nigeria;
- Any goods that are represented on the label or described as a treatment, preventative, or cure for diseases, disorders, or abnormal physical states specified by applicable legislation of Nigeria.
- Trophies and wildlife specimens (including but not limited to ivory artifacts and pangolin parts) in relation to which trade is prohibited by applicable legislation.
If you have noticed any adverts promoting prohibited items, please report them. If you're unsure on how to do that, find answers here
No worries, it can be fixed! Our moderators could decline your ad for several reasons:
- You've tried to post a few items within one ad. Please post each item separately. We have a rule: 1 ad = 1 product.
- You've posted nudity pictures or images containing contact details, watermarks, etc. Please, remove them and add real photos of the item you intend to sell.
- You've set an irrelevant price. Make sure to carry out some investigation of market value and input a fair price for your product.
Make the required edits and click on the "Post ad" button. If everything is fine, your ad will be live within an hour or two.
We hope any issues you've faced will be resolved shortly. If you have a few minutes.
Sure! It helps a lot to find more clients. If you want to share an ad on social media, follow these steps:
Click on the advert you want to share;
Scroll down until you see Facebook/Twitter icons;
Click on a particular icon to be able to share the link.
That's it! Now you know what to do to make all your friends on social networks know what you're selling!
Your ads remain on the site for 1-3 months (since the date of the last renewal) before they are automatically deleted or until you decide to deactivate them.
Please note that you can always update your ad if you haven't sold your item.
Sellables offers 2 types of Premium Packages that can help you to promote your ads: Top and Boost Packages.
1. With Top, your ad is placed at the top of the search results page for either 7 or 30 days, depending on the duration you have chosen. It means that your potential clients would be able to find your ad easier, so, as a result, you will get up to 15 times more customers.
2. With Boost Packages, all your ads will appear in search results more often during 1, 3, 6 or 12 months; besides, your products will be constantly shown on Similar Ads area. This way you can get up to 500 times more customers. We recommend using Boost Packages if you have more than 5 active ads.
There are 6 types of Boost Packages with a certain set of features offered:
- Up to 2 times more clients for ads
- Promotion is search results and categories
- Auto-renew of ads every 48 hours
- Up to 5 times more clients for your ads
- Promotion in search results and categories
- Auto-renew ads every 24 hours
- 5 TOP+
- Up to 7 times more clients for ads
- Promotion in search results and categories
- Auto-renew ads every 12 hours
- 10 VIP TOP+
VIP Gold Package:
- Up to 10 times more clients for ads
- Promotion in search results and categories
- Auto-renew ads every 6 hours
- 15 VIP Gold TOP+
- SMS notifications on new messages
- Website link included
- Email and social media promotions
Diamond & Enterprise Packages for enterprise clients:
- Up to 500 times more clients for your ads
- Up to 500 Diamond or Enterprise TOP+
- All VIP features included
To buy Membership Services, click here, select the category that fits your product best and check out available Packages.
As soon as you choose the Package and the duration of the promotion that meet your needs and budget, simply click on the "Buy" button to proceed with the purchase.
You can also pay for the Package via bank using an invoice. To get the invoice, click on the "Get payment details" button. The download will start shortly after that.
If you feel unsure of the Package to choose, request a call from the support team for a recommendation.
We are the place that only connects buyers with sellers and helps them meet. You will make deals with different people, so it's better to discuss such things with every seller directly.
However, we recommend not sending prepayments. It's also unsafe to pay the full sum before seeing the product. The best way is to set up with a seller a face-to-face meeting in a public place or order delivery, inspect the product, and only pay for it if you are satisfied.
Knowledge and caution — that's what helps to protect yourself from being deceived. We listed a few general tips that can help you protect yourself from unscrupulous sellers:
1. Check Feedback
It helps to ensure the person is reliable. People who had experiences with particular sellers leave reviews to keep others informed of how deals went. Take a minute to check reviews before making a deal. Whatever experience you have had, other buyers will appreciate you sharing it with them. Remember to view the "Feedback" section whenever you have or plan to deal with a seller or service provider.
2. Avoid sending prepayments
Meet with sellers face to face in a public place or request payment on delivery. Check out the item's quality and make sure that it lives up your expectations before you make payment.
3. Make sure that the packed item is the one you’ve inspected
Inspect the item and pay only when you have it in your possession. Don’t give a scammer the opportunity to swap it.
4. Never give out your financial information that can be misused
Be attentive and avoid scams and frauds such as fake payment services, fee requests, or requests to use money transfer services.
5. Use common sense
Please, avoid anything that appears too good to be true, such as unrealistically low prices or promises of quick money.
To learn more about safety tips, go here.
We try to check our sellers carefully, but it's almost impossible to vouch for all of them.
Expectations matter. That's why we strongly recommend you meet with sellers face to face in public places or request payment on delivery to avoid disappointment.
Review the product to ensure it's what you ordered, and pay for it only if you are satisfied.
Feedback is a sort of review that every customer can leave after interacting with the seller. They exist to provide prospective buyers with additional information about the reliability of every particular vendor. Since Jiji is a marketplace where many sellers offer similar products, buyers can choose who to deal with based on product specs and the seller's trust level.
You can find feedback about sellers when you open any ad from them. It’s located right under their names:
It may also happen that the seller doesn’t have any feedback yet. Be the first to leave one if you decide to give it a try and communicate with the seller.
No matter what your experience was – we’ll appreciate both positive and negative feedback from you. It always helps to make our platform a better place for all 💚
The feature of leaving feedback becomes available if you have had any interaction with the seller. After you made or didn't make a deal, share your experience by following the instruction below:
- Click on the button "Leave feedback". You can find it on the advert page or on the seller's profile:
- Rate your experience. Select one of the smileys to specify how satisfied you are with the experience you had:
- Provide detailed feedback about the seller. For example, tell more about how your communication went: were you treated nicely or left with a bad feeling? Ensure you also specify if you're satisfied with the product and how the delivery went:
- Click on "Send feedback":
We review all feedback to ensure they are relevant and in line with our rules. It will become available online and visible to all Jiji users as soon as it passes moderation.
Thanks for every feedback you leave! You help us build the safest place for making all kinds of deals
Sure, just as ads feedback may contain inappropriate or false information that can mislead other users or harm the reputation of honest sellers. That's why we review every feedback before it becomes publicly available.
There are several feedback statuses:
- Moderation – as soon as you publish your feedback, it goes on review. It has a "Moderation" status until we make a decision about it;
- Active – you won't actually see any frame with this word, but if your feedback is publicly available and anyone can see it, it's the "Active" status;
- Declined – it may happen that your feedback is considered false or not related to the details of your interaction with this particular seller. In this case, the status would be "Declined", and unless you edit it and send it for another review, it won't be visible on Jiji;
- Converted to complaint – if your feedback describes the seller as a scammer or it contains proof of suspicious activity of this seller, we convert your feedback to the complaint and start our security check to see if this user proves to be indecent. If we find proof, they will be blocked.
Sometimes we so agree with the feedback that we want to show the person who left it that we know what they're telling about!
You can easily react to any feedback you see:
Or you can comment it:
If you'd like your comment under someone's feedback to be published, please stick to some simple rules:
Be polite. We don't accept comments that contain offensive language. No matter how upset you are, offensive comments never help. Express your feeling with appropriate words.
Be tolerant. We don't support racist beliefs, violence, vulgarity, or other things that aim to harm others.
Be decent. We offer so many tools for promoting your goods and services. Please use them instead of leaving your contact details, links or promotional messages under the comments of other sellers' clients.
We'd love you to interact with other Sellables users safely and conveniently. Let's ensure that together 😊
Changed your mind or forgot to mention something? Not a problem. You can edit your feedback in a few clicks at any time.
1. Go to the feedback you'd like to edit and click on "Edit"under it:
2. Make desired changes and hit the "Edit Feedback" button:
You'll see it available on the platform as soon as we review it once again to ensure it's in line with our rules 🙌
Things happen, and no matter how hard you try, you can fail to satisfy that one client and eventually receive negative feedback.
It’s frustrating but definitely not the end of the world. In our opinion, ignoring speaks volumes, so it’s clear that you have to react somehow. Another question is – how exactly? It depends on the type of feedback you receive. Specifically, there will be negative feedback that you accept and agree with and feedback that you think is unjustified or just plain wrong.
People are different so you should be ready for both cases. Now let’s see how to handle each of them.
Justified negative feedback
Unfortunately, no one is immune to mistakes. For instance, you could reply with huge delays, it could turn out that the product is out of stock but still shows as available, and finally, a customer might receive a damaged or wrong item.
In such an instance, it needs to be resolved quickly and appropriately.
- Remember that you should be professional at all times. Don't underestimate the power of apologies for the inconvenience. You can't be in a good state to negotiate a reasonable settlement if you don't say that you're sorry and understand how frustrating the client feels.
- If you can't do an exchange for the product or a full refund so that the client edits the negative feedback, try to just explain what the situation was. If potential clients see that you're ready to admit your mistakes and offer solutions, they'd be more favourable.
- Take this feedback as a chance to improve something about your processes. Check your inbox more often, ensure that all the products listed are in stock and double-check the items you deliver to clients so that the experience clients get with you is only positive.
Unjustified negative feedback
At some point, you can receive negative feedback that you disagree with. For example, the person can complain about something you're not responsible for or the product itself even though you described all the details in the ad description and gave an opportunity to check the item on delivery.
Such reviews are usually very emotional, so you have to ensure that you improve your reputation instead of killing it by responding. Remember that potential customers are not aware of all the details. All they can see is the dissatisfaction of your client and your reaction to it.
- It's crucial to respond calmly and professionally. Apologize for the inconvenience and explain the situation from your side. For example, you can demonstrate that you had provided accurate details about the item in the ad description and offered a pay-on-delivery option. If the client checked the item and paid after inspection, it's not the case when you made the client pay in advance and eventually delivered something wrong. Potential buyers need to know these essential nuances so they don't make incorrect conclusions about you.
- Try to reach out to the client and ask to edit or remove this feedback. Explain the situation and offer alternative products if the person made the wrong choice. Suppose you know that you have other items that would fit this client; it's worth telling more about them. You could also tell about what to pay attention to when choosing similar products to ensure that they meet your needs. Eventually, we all want our problems to be solved. If you have the solution, you have a chance for a positive review.
- In addition, regardless of the situation, it's best not to be rude for dismissive. If you find the customer is being abusive or threatening, request such feedback to be removed. To learn more about feedback appeal, go here.
If someone leaves unjustified or abusive feedback about you, you can appeal on it. We review every appeal and make decisions based on facts and proof, so it’s best to describe your position as detailed as possible.
There are a few simple rules about that:
- You can appeal same feedback up to 2 times only;
- You can appeal feedback if it was left within the last 6 months.
To appeal on feedback, click on the “Appeal” button under it:
Describe why you believe that this feedback has to be removed and attach proof for your words if possible:
Read it one more time and if everything looks good, click on the “Send” button:
It’ll be sent for review right away. It may take some time, but we’ll send you a notification as soon as the decision is made.
An alternative option for solving such a case is to contact the customer who left negative feedback. Try to resolve the issue so they are willing to edit it.
Remember that feedback is your primary tool for building a reputation. Therefore, ensure that you give your customers the best experience possible so that the “Appeal” feature never comes in handy for you 🙌
There are a few ways how to find a job on Sellables. Try both to be sure you find your dream employer as soon as possible.
Search for job postings
- Go to the "Jobs" section;
- Filter available offers: specify our preferred salary range, type of job (full time, part-time, contract, or internship), and location if it's important;
Publish your CV
- Click on the button POST AD;
- Сhoose category "Jobs" and suitable subcategory (career field);
- Complete all relevant information, such as job type, employment status, previous work experience, skills, etc.;
- Double-check if everything is correct and click on the "Submit" button.
We hope you find your dream job soon!
There are a few ways how to find candidates on Jiji. Try both to be sure you hire your dream employee as soon as possible.
Search for CVs
- Go to the "Seeking Work CVs" section;
- Filter available CVs: specify job type, salary range, age, gender, or location — whatever you consider as essential criteria;
- Check out potential candidates and contact the relevant ones via chat or phone.
Publish your job opening
- Click on the button POST AD;
- Сhoose category "Jobs" and suitable subcategory (career field);
- Complete all relevant information, such as company name, job type, responsibilities, required work experience, skills, etc.;
- Double-check if everything is correct and click on the "Submit" button.
We hope you find your dream employees soon!