Handbags are an essential part of women’s fashion today. They have become an indispensable accessories that reflect your personality. Like you already know, Italy the fashion capital of the world, is known for its elegant, hand-crafted handbags that spell class & elegance all over. A classic Italian handmade handbag is every woman’s dream. All thanks to the effect of globalization, these handbags are available across the globe and not just in Italy.
But then again, how sure are you, that the handbag that stole your heart is an original Italian handbag? How can you be sure that you’ve not been exploited? Fine Italian leather has some unique qualities that you cannot find in any other type of leather. Look out for these special features to know if your handbag has been made from genuine Italian leather or not.
Ways to spot fake Italian leather handbags
1. Look out for the word “Vera Pelle” (Italian for real leather) somewhere in the handbag. Nevertheless, you should also be aware that other sub-standard manufacturers from China and other parts of the world don’t hesitate to put this logo on their handbags.
2. Try to smell the leather of the handbags well before you buy them. After smelling, did you perceive a natural and musty smell that isn’t too pleasant? Thank goodness! Your handbag is made from genuine Italian leather. Keep away from bags that emanate a plastic or chemical-like smell. They are made from low-quality Italian leather.
3. Look carefully at the quality of edges….Are they looking rough and unfinished? You can sure you’ve put your money in the right piece. Handbags with smooth and finished edges may look perfect but they are made from fake and sub-standard leather.
4. High-quality or genuine Italian leather can absorb moisture in a jiffy. Try putting a small drop of water on the leather of the handbag that you want to buy. If the water is not absorbed, then your handbag is made from fake leather. On the other hand, if the water is absorbed, you are probably looking at a handbag made from genuine Italian leather.
5. Finally, when spotting fake Italian leather handbags, look out for the price. Handbags, specifically hand-crafted in Italy, can cost you a fortune. But, huge price is earned because they last for many years and adds confidence to your personality. While handbags made by local manufacturers using below-par or fake leather are quite affordable.
If you are reading this, it only means that you know the quality and confidence of Italian handmade handbags. Though highly priced, buy it without holding back, because a genuine Italian leather handbag is a one-time investment that can yield you lots of returns in the long run. Italian leather is the most expensive type of leather in the world, because it is 100 percent pure and natural. It is wise you check your handbag carefully before paying for them because you don’t want to pay a exorbitant price for a fake or sub standard product and regret your decision later.